2017 Annual Community Meeting Details
WHEN: Mon, Jan 30, 2017, 6:00 p.m. (registration, purchase Warriors raffle tickets) Meeting 7 - - 9:00 p.m.
WHERE: Skyline High School, 12250 Skyline Boulevard, Oakland, CA
NOTE: NEW VENUE FOR THIS ANNUAL EVENT We're moving our 2017 Annual Community Meeting to Skyline High's auditorium (from Chabot Space & Science Center). This meeting has been a standing room only event for the last decade, so we thought we'd try a bigger space this year.
- Mayor Libby Schaaf
- District 4 Councilmember Annie Campbell Washington
- Department of Transportation Director Jeff Tumlin - potholes, traffic and parking issues, utility undergrounding
- We will not be serving dinner or wine this year
- There will be no Expo preceding the meeting
- This meeting is only open to Piedmont Pines residents and Friends of Piedmont Pines
- This is a great time to pay your 2017 association dues, which start at the best-bargain-in-town rate of just $30 for a full calendar year.
- Raffle tickets for premium seats at the Warriors v Kings February 15 game are on sale here (visit Store tab, above) or can be purchased between 6 and 7 at the meeting.
Established in 1941
Piedmont Pines has won praise from many civic leaders as being one of Oakland's most organized and productive voluntary neighborhood associations.
When we speak, we're listened to. Decision makers know our residents care and stay engaged. We pitch in on beautification projects, keep one another informed to protect against crime, attend emergency preparedness training and drills, and the list goes on.
Photo by Shawn Stark
Four generations of District 4 City Council members at a 2015 event at Chabot Space & Science Center: Dick Spees, Libby Schaaf, Jean Quan and Annie Campbell Washington.
Pay your dues today
Our dues, which are completely voluntary, begin at only $30 for an entire calendar year. Visit PPNA Projects to see all your association does on behalf of making our neighborhood special, inviting, welcoming and FABULOUS. We can only do it with your support.
Have suggestions, questions, comments, requests for your association?
We will soon be introducing benefits for paid-members-only. Our dues year begins January 1, and all memberships expire on December 31. Keep your dues current so you don't miss out on important information.
How to pay dues
Oakland, CA 94661-3292
PPNA News of Note
Learn more and see maps
Phase 1 (Ascot Dr) is done with the exception of two antenna poles--one on Burton, one at Skyline/Ascot. Oakland's planning department is working with PPNA and Crown Castle (antenna owners) to resolve this.
Phase 2 (Chelton corridor): The boundary map is done. The next step is for the City to complete an engineering assessment so residents will know the price when they vote yes or no to establishing an assessment district.
Phase 3 (Castle corridor): There won't be any action here until Phase 2 is nearly completed.
|Montclair Organized Neigborhoods (MONs)
Learn more and see map
Piedmont Pines has 28 MONs (they're like sub-associations). Want to help? email us