News You Can Use
Phase 1& 2 Undergrounding Updates
Piedmont Pines’ undergrounding project is broken into three phases. Here’s the status
PHASE 1: Ascot corridor –Exciting progress!
- PG&E’s largest-ever undergrounding project, Broke ground October 2011.
- All Phase 1 trenches from private property to street: DONE!
- PG&E crews now trenching the main line, using three, and sometimes four crews.
- Phase 1 service will be fully converted to the undergrounded system by the end of 2014, with all poles removed and new street lights installed.
PHASE 2: Chelton corridor
- Discussions are underway with utilities and city. The City and utilities are working out who will pay for city inspections and permits
- The boundary map is is being vetted by PG&E to ensure accuracy. Once the map is agreed to by all parties, costs for construction and new streetlights can be determined.
- Once costs are known, the city will ballot property owners in this phase asking if they want to assess themselves for the cost they’d be responsible for. The assessment covers city administration and new streetlights. The utilities pay for construction, using utility undergrounding fees collected on utility bills across the state.
PHASE 3: Castle corridor --There won’t be a timeline for Phase 3 until Phase 2 is well under way
Organizing PPNA Neighborhoods
We’re making exciting progress on organizing neighborhoods in Piedmont Pines. Click here for more information and to see if your neighborhood is on our map of Montclair Organized Neighborhoods (MONs). If you want help getting your neighborhood organized, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail news: Be sure we have your current e-mail address so we can keep you up to date on news affecting Piedmont Pines. Fill out the on-line roster form. We only do one USPS mailing a year (January), so to stay informed, we need your email address.
Crime news: PPNA publishes crime trends, tips and warnings in its e-newsletter. To stay on top of breaking crime news and alerts, join Montclair Safety and Improvement’s list serve here.
Check out Piedmont Pines Ride Share Group in our Community Links Section!