2016 Community Meeting
OAKLAND: Hope Reigns
When: Monday, 1/25/16
Time: 6 to 9:00 p.m.
Place: Chabot Space & Science Center, 10000 Skyline Blvd, OaklandAgenda
6 - 7 p.m. Rotunda
- Check in, pay dues (or, sign in to Member Center to pre-pay and avoid check-in line)
- Light snack & beverages: Celebrate Phase 1 undergrounding completion!
- Based on member feedback, we're providing a light snack: an Aram sandwich, a dessert bar, and lemonade or water (FREE, thanks to PG&E's generous donation)
- Wine is available at only $5 per glass, thanks to Kelly and Marvin Deal, our wine sponsors.
6:30 Megadome Theater
- Special screening of local filmmaker Stan Dodson's Trailhead documentary for those who missed the premiere.
7:00 Megadome Theater Annual Community Meeting
Welcome: Teresa Costantinidis
Keynote with audience Q&A: Mayor Schaaf
7:40 Panel with audience Q&A
- Infrastructure: Director Brooke Levin (potholes, paving, storm and sewer lines, septic upgrade regulations, utility undergrounding...)
- City Council: District 4 Councilmember Annie Campbell Washington (2015 major issues, 2016 major plans)
- Police: Chief Sean Whent (2015 progress, 2016 priorities, trends in Montclair/Oakland
8:20 Guest briefs
Wildfire prevention, Resilient Oakland initiative, Village updates, Gateway Beautification, Utility Undergrounding
PPNA updates -- see mailed newsletter for updates...these presentations will be brief
- Organizing our neighborhoods for safety and emergency response
- 2015 feats, 2016 focus
- Finance and elections
- 2 luxury-box tickets to Warriors vs Rockets game on 2/9/16 will be raffled. (Howard Neal won!) Buy one chance to win for 10; 6 chances for $50. The pair of tickets is valued at $2,000! Thank you Annie Campbell Washington for making these tickets available to two lucky Piedmont Pines residents while helping us offset the cost to rent Chabot.
- Golden Pine Cone to VERY select individuals(s) who've helped make PPNA golden