Reporting Criminal or Suspicious Activity

If you see a crime in progress, call 9-1-1 from a landline

If calling from a cell phone within Oakland, call 510-777-3211. These are emergency-only numbers.

If you want to report criminal or suspicious activity that is not life-threatening or is after the fact, call 510-777-3333. This is the Oakland Police Department non-emergency number.

If you see a crime in progress in an East Bay Regional Park, call 510-881-1121 for emergencies and 510-881-1833 for non-emergencies to get East Bay Regional Park police dispatch.

You may also fill out an online Citizen Police Report to the City for the following types of incidents:

  • Lost Property
  • Vehicle Burglary
  • Theft
  • Vehicle Tampering
  • Vandalism

Please confirm the following to find out if the online Citizen Police Report filing is right for you:

  • This is not an Emergency?
  • This incident occurred within the Oakland Police Department City limits?
  • There are no known suspects?
  • This did not occur on a State Freeway?

The online Citizen Police Report forms for the purposes above may be accessed at

Members of the public also have a legal right to file complaints, and the Oakland Police Department is required to accept any complaint you wish to file. Citizen Complaint forms are now available at

Map of Crimes Being Reported to the OPD

The Oakland Police Department is providing crime information to the public through an interactive Web site. You can request crime data by type and proximity to an address or known location, such as a school, or by Beat number (we are in Beat 13Z). Your selections will produce maps and/or reports from this information. Try it at

Another Web site for mapping crimes occuring in Oakland is called Oakland Crimespotting, and can be viewed at

Alerts From Citizens and Others

Reports of crimes in the Greater Montclair area by residents are being posted on the MSIC Yahoo Groups site If you want to be able to see these reports on potential and actual criminal activity that may not have been reported to the police, join this Group. You can also post your own information about criminal or safety issues on this site. All greater Montclair residents are welcome.

Public Works Viewer

The Public Works Viewer lets you find out what we’re working on in your community. Use this tool to search and locate information about service requests and work taking place in your community.This tool works best using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.


Links to City Ordinances

This section is under construction. Please send us what ordinances and city departments you'd like to see linked hereConstruction and other noise:

City calendar, committee meetings, agendas:

Useful contacts

  • Abandoned Autos (abandoned vehicles on the public street after 3 days) 
    (510) 777-8622 (report abandoned vehicles parked on the street for over 72 hours)
  • AC Transit
    Dial 511; then say "AC Transit"; then say "Customer Relations" (maintenance, complaints, etc.)
  • Alameda County Public Works - Creek/Drainage Maintenance
    (510) 670-5500 (creek flooding, overgrown vegetation, illegal dumping, graffiti)
  • Animal Control 
    (510) 535-5602 (live animals)
    (510) 535-4888 (dead animals)
  • AT&T Graffitti removal requests can be sent to  
  • Building Services (construct an addition, build a new home or renovate an existing building)
  • CalTrans (freeway, on & off ramps, signs, weeds, graffiti, illegal dumping, homeless encampments)
    (415) 330-6500 (graffiti on signs, striping, electrical issues)
    (510) 614-5942 (illegal dumping, pot holes, homeless encampment, overgrown vegetation)
  • Code Enforcement (blighted private properties, deteriorated buildings, inoperable vehicles on private property) 
    (510) 238-3381
  • EBMUD East Bay Municipal Utilities District 
    (866) 403-2683 (fire hydrants, clear water leaks, flooding, graffiti) 
  • Fire/Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
    (510) 444-3322
  • Household Hazardous Waste
    (800) 606-6606
  • Noise ordinance
  • OPR Oakland Parks & Recreation (recreation issues, not facility-related)
    (510) 238-7275
  • OUSD Oakland Unified School District (trash, debris, illegal dumping, graffiti, defective signs)
    (510) 535-2718 or 2719 (buildings, grounds, grafitti & any issues on grounds)
  • Parking Citations
    Click on Parking Matters for Oakland's website on all things related to parking on City streets.
    (800) 500-6484 (parking citation assistance center, pay or appeal a citation, residential parking permits)
    (510) 238-3099 (enforcement)
    (510) 238-6631 (meter repair & meter collection)
  • PG&E Pacific, Gas & Electric (power outages, high voltage & tree limb interference) 
    (800) 743-5000 (maintenance & emergencies, gas le ask, downed power lines, etc.)
  • Police
  • Port of Oakland (overgrown weeds, litter, homeless encampments) 
    (510) 627-1415 (general maintenance, non-emergencies, overgrown weeds, litter, homeless encampment, grafitti)
    (510) 563-3300 or (510) 563-3360 (Oakland International Airport; Airport Operations Center) Emergencies 24/7
  • Recreation Centers
  • Regional Private Sewer Lateral (PSL) Program 
    The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in collaboration with the California Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) is spearheading an effort to keep the Bay clean.  The EPA and RWQCB are requiring the East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD), six East Bay cities, and one sewer district to fix old, cracked sanitary sewer pipes to ensure they don't allow the infiltration of rainwater which can overwhelm wastewater treatment facilities, resulting in untreated or partially treated sewage being released into the Bay.  As a result, EBMUD and its partners are phasing in a Regional Private Sewer Lateral (PSL) Ordinance in some east bay communities. Affected property owners will be required to obtain a certificate from EBMUD indicating that their PSLs are without defects and have proper connections.  Follow the link to EBMUD's website for the requirements on the East Bay Regional Private Sewer Lateral Program.
  • Streets - 5-Year Pavement Schedule
  • Streets - Street Maintenance Fact Sheet
  • Streets - Pavement Condition Letter
  • Trees - Plant Your Own Tree Form
  • Trees - Prune Your Own Tree Guidelines
  • Alameda County Vector Control (rat or rodent infestations) (510) 567-6800 Email:
  • Waste Management of Alameda County 
    (510) 613-8710 (residential missed pick-up, driver complaints, bulky-waste pickups)