Our ultra local listserve
PPNA residents Nicki Kaiser and Rick Sayre set PPNA up on Nextdoor. Perhaps you're in a MON that already uses a Yahoo or Google group, or perhaps tin cans with a string. Nextdoor might better serve your needs. Within NextdoorPiedmontPines, you can set up a group just for your MON. You can send and receive posts just from PPNA, or you can broaden your scope to hear from other nearby neighborhoods.
To join NextdoorPiedmontPines, once you enter your address, you'll get assigned to our segment.
- Visit www.nextdoor.com.
- Enter your email address and choose and enter a password. You can also choose to sign in with an existing Google, Facebook, or Apple account. Click Continue.
- (If you have an invite code, enter it by clicking on the 'Have an invite code' link below the green button.)
- Enter your full name, and full residential address and click Continue.
- Add a profile photo or click 'Skip' in the upper right corner to do it later.
- Follow the rest prompts to add your spouse/partner, emergency contacts, invite more neighbors, see if anyone you know is on Nextdoor, and download the Nextdoor app.
- Finally, Read The Kind Neighbor Pledge, and then go to your neighborhood or create your first post.
The Nextdoor Manifesto
We are for neighbors.
For neighborhood barbecues. For multi-family garage sales. For trick-or-treating.
We're for slowing down, children at play.
We're for sharing a common hedge and an awesome babysitter.
We're for neighborhood watch. Emergency response. And for just keeping an eye out for a lost cat.
We believe waving hello to the new neighbor says, “Welcome” better than any doormat.
We believe technology is a powerful tool for making neighborhoods stronger, safer places to call home.
We're all about online chats that lead to more clothesline chats.
We believe fences are sometimes necessary, but online privacy is always necessary.
We believe strong neighborhoods not only improve our property value, they improve each one of our lives.
We believe that amazing things can happen by just talking with the people next door.
We are Nextdoor. We are simply you and your neighbors, together.