8/31/2020: Vegetation management inspection update, evacuation planning, making fire safety a citywide priority; revamping CORE; Red Flag Warnings. Watch the webinar here, and you can view speakers' slides fhere.
6/11/2020: PPNA and the Oakland Fire Department's Vegetation Management inspection gurus hosted a just-for-PPNA webinar to explore the more intricate, but highly important, details of this year's plan and process for inspections. For more details, here's a link to the whole show. PLEASE go in to about 3:30 minutes to skip the technical set up. We've summarized the show in a brief document that you can peruse here.
5/4/2019: Hosted in partnership with Oakland Firesafe Council (OFSC). You can download each of the presentations here:
- The New Mega Fires–Edgar Orre, Division Chief CalFire/Santa Clara Unit
- Reducing Ember Risk-Home Hardening–Staff Chief David Shew, Retired, CalFire/Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Defensible Space–Carol Rice, Wildland Fire Manager/Fire Ecologist
- Making Sure Insurance Will Cover You–Sue Piper, Chair,United Policyholders
- Preparedness Hacking–The Speed Round!–Ana-Marie Jones, aka MsDuctTape, Former ED of CARD
- Organize for Firewise, Score with CORE— Doug Mosher, Oakland Firesafe Council
- Organizing Work Parties–– Diedre Martin, Environmental Stewardship Analyst, City of Oakland, Public Works Department
- Creative Ways to Fund Your Work–-Barbara Goldenberg, Vice Chair, Diablo Fire Safe Council
- Organizing for Evacuation–-Sue Piper, Chair, Oakland Firesafe Council
- Following the workshop, OFSC led a Walkabout along Grisborne Avenue to who first hand how residents can reduce fuel loads around their homes and harden their structures to keep flying embers from starting fires.